Do you have a Thanksgiving food hangover? Can you take one more pie?
Sorry, but it’s still officially Pie Week here on Just About Baked. I see no reason to stop making pies. Why should I? As long as I’ve got breath in me, I will bake pies!
Don’t worry, this one is easy. And delicious. And holiday-esque. And gluten-free. And mint, which is highly rare on this blog. In case you missed it earlier, I’m not so fond of mint.
But heck, the things I do for my readers. You all seem to like mint, so with a shake of my head, I present you with this lovely ganache pie, rich and chocolatey and garnished with lots of crushed candy cane Hershey kisses. You are very welcome!
You see, since having kids, I’ve learned to put other people before me in every area, even dessert. My kids don’t always love the desserts I make, so I will compromise my better instincts and give them the packaged crap they prefer to homemade cookies. Why not?
It’s with that spirit that I give you this pie. Honestly, I had a few bites to test it, and considering that it’s mint, I was happy with it. That means I didn’t want to stop eating it. So for you people who really like mint, I can only imagine what this will do to you.
I used the gluten-free Pillsbury pie crust, which rolls out just as nicely as any pie crust I’ve ever used. It also tastes wonderfully flaky. The ganache balances it out perfectly, and the mint adds that welcome cool blast.
Speaking of, this pie needs to stay refrigerated, so just be aware. And also be aware that I will probably not make anything mint again until Girl Scout cookie season. This is my gift to you. Happy Holidays!
Pillsbury gluten-free pie dough (comes in a little bucket)
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 bag Hershey's candy cane kisses, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Roll the pastry dough into a large circle after kneading according to package directions. Press the dough into the pie pan and use the tines of a fork to make a pattern along the edge.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with the fork. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes until golden.
- Make the ganache. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the ganache into the cooked pie crust. Sprinkle the chopped candy cane kisses on top.
- Chill for 3 hours to overnight. Slice into wedges and serve.