Warning: getimagesize(/home/justab8/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttps://justaboutbaked.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/deepdish4-e1413679884622.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/justab8/public_html/wp-content/themes/Total/framework/classes/image-resize.php on line 121
You know what food bloggers hate the most? Not recipe epic fails, though that is certainly near the top of my list. Not a lack of inspiration. Not the sinking realization that even though you made an amazing cake, someone needs it as a gift so you can’t take photos of individual slices.
Nope. The rain.
Yep, that’s right. Rain. It rained day after day last week, and so even though this deep dish pookie is amazing, I got awful pics of it. I’m terribly sorry. Forgive me, and know that it tasted wonderful and that I am not worthy.
Also, know that this is super easy. Like, crazy easy. One bowl, bakes up fast. I made it in a 9-inch round cake pan to make it that pie-cookie hybrid, and how happy life was!
In a recipe like this, the chocolate chips sink to the bottom, right by the Oreo cookie crust. It’s like this magical burst of chocolate intensity just as your palate is adjusting to the pookie flavor. And as for the texture, it’s a mix of pie and cookie, of course. Gooey and melty and just what you need!
Unlike the rain, which nobody needs. So ignore that, and pookie it up! I’ll see you tomorrow when the sun is shining. Let’s hope, anyway.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch round pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the Oreo crumbs, melted butter and sugar until crumbs are moistened. Press into the cake pan firmly, working the crumbs up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Mix all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into the cooled butter, stirring until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baked cookie crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the pookie is golden brown and set with no jiggling at all.
- Cool and cut into wedges.