Warning: getimagesize(/home/justab8/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttps://justaboutbaked.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/cornflake6-e1465949300714.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/justab8/public_html/wp-content/themes/Total/framework/classes/image-resize.php on line 121
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineCereal #CollectiveBias
Do you ever get into a breakfast rut? Because I can relate.
Over the years, I’ve cycled through so many breakfast options with the goal of keeping my first meal of the day quick to prepare and filling. Oh, and sweet. I like that shot of sweetness in the morning!
Since forever, I’ve loved cereal. And while it’s hard to beat a bowl of cereal with milk, sometimes you want a little something different. As a quick bread lover, this breakfast bread fits the bill. It’s topped with a crumbly, crunchy topping made with Kellogg’s Corn Flakes, and the recipe is easy enough to make with the kiddos!
Now that I’m at home more for the summer, I have to find ways to engage my little monsters until camp starts up in two weeks. Oh, camp. It’s the best. It’s when I finally get to take a nap.
But until then, I have a whole schedule to arrange for each day. It includes basic summer activities, like running through sprinklers, making crafts that usually turn out looking funny, and of course, an afternoon baking session. I try to find or create recipes that are pretty simple but that also involve some fun element. We can go shopping in the morning at our local Safeway and have all the ingredients ready for an afternoon baking extravaganza!
In this case, it’s easy to mix up the batter, but my kids can have all the fun of making the crumb topping. And while they do that, I can snack on Corn Flakes and have a fun moment to relax and stare at the wall. Every mom who is home all day with kids needs some quality wall-staring time.
The best part of this recipe is that in the morning when I’m rushing around trying to find clothes for everyone and make sure that nobody is beating anyone else up, this breakfast bread is ready to go. Everyone wants to eat it, everyone’s excited about eating it because they helped make it, and it tastes delightful. I mean, who doesn’t love crumb?
Cereal is the best, but being creative with it yields even better results. Kids might be happy with just cereal and milk, but adults need to go beyond and explore our inner foodies. This Corn Flake cinnamon crumb bread is just the ticket!
If you’re looking for more breakfast ideas, please visit this website for more inspiration for creative breakfast and snack creations. Hope you have some great summer breakfasts ahead of you!
- Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the cake ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Make the crumb topping. Combine the dry ingredients and Corn Flakes. Using a fork, a pastry blender or your fingers, work in the butter until crumbs of varying sizes form. Set aside.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the bread is mostly but not fully baked. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top and return the bread to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. When the bread is cool, make the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, and add the heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches a consistency that is conducive to drizzling.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake. Let it set.
- Cut into slices, or store covered.