Remember when dessert used to be a simple affair? A brownie. A cookie. A piece of chocolate fudge, plain.
Well, folks, them days are over. And thank heaven they are, because dessert is being pushed farther than ever before, all because of food blogging. How can anyone possibly object? We’re baking as fast as genius food manufacturers are developing newer products.
Like Nestlé’s pumpkin spice-flavored morsels. I saw them at Target and bought 4 bags. I had to play with them! And the first recipe they yielded is this caramelized pecan and pumpkin spice fudge.
The only thing better than a nut is a caramelized nut. And making them is so easy! When you’re done, you have a wonderful salty and sweet confection, perfect for creating a crunch in your fudge.
This microwave fudge recipe is no-fail and absolutely my most favorite recipe ever. It takes little to no effort or time to produce, and when you’ve let the fudge chill in the pan for a few hours, you’re all set to go!
The pumpkin chips produce a softer fudge, so be aware. But if you’d like it to be harder, just chill it longer. The refrigerator works wonders!
And your life will be endlessly awesome once you make this recipe! There will be plenty of chocolate fudge in life, so take a break for its pumpkin sister! She’s spicy in all the right ways!
1 bag Nestle pumpkin spice morsels
14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat-free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon salted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Put the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the brown sugar, stirring until the sugar becomes bubbly and frothy. Immediately turn off the heat and add the pecans, stirring to coat.
- Spread the pecans in one layer on a piece of aluminum foil, being careful not to burn yourself. Allow them to cool.
- Take an 8 x 8 pan and line with waxed or parchment paper, using enough to let the paper hang over the sides of the pan.
- While the pecans are cooling, make the fudge. Heat the pumpkin spice chips and the condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Fold in the caramelized pecans.
- Pour the fudge into the lined pan and spread it out as evenly as you can.
- Chill for 2-3 hours until completely firm and set. Remove from the refrigerator and let the fudge come to room temperature.
- Lift the fudge out of the pan using the overhanging lining. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.. Store in an airtight container.