Oops. I did it again.
Yes, just like that noteworthy song, here’s another hit for you! Because who can ever say no to a dipped Oreo? I can’t. You shouldn’t, either.
Especially when the Oreo in question is the limited edition Pumpkin Spice flavor. And I put a cute little candy pumpkin on top! Sorry, but the cuteness factor here is getting to me. I can’t resist my own creation.
Neither could my creative writing class, by the way. These were gone pretty fast. It’s a good thing I ate one before the kids got to them. I literally put them on the desk in front of me and a bunch of kids surged toward me. I feared for my life.
Yep, teens and treats. They act like they’ve never eaten before. But I didn’t blame them here, because these Oreos are delicious.
And if you saw my recipe last week for chocolate-dipped Reese’s Oreos, you know that I’m a big fan of money-saving hacks. Why go get these at a store when they’re crazy simple to make yourself?
Especially because dipped Oreos, for whatever reason, are highly overpriced. I’m not down with that. I believe in good quality for less, which is why I bake brownies that give all the best bakeries in town a run for their money.
Before I come across sounding too high on myself, I’d better go. To a bakery. To apologize, because bakeries rock. Maybe I’ll bring them another batch of these to make amends!
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set it aside, but have it handy.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the Oreos into the chocolate and lift out with a fork, letting the excess chocolate drip through the tines.
- Quickly place each dipped Oreo on the prepared cookie sheet. Press a pumpkin candy into the center immediately. You could also sprinkle with Halloween colors!
- Store in an airtight container.